Knight Models January Releases

I always get excited when it gets to Knight Models Release time every month, and this month is even better than usual. There is only one Marvel release, but for me, one of the three DC miniature releases more than makes up for it. All of these items should be available from 27th January. As for where to get them, there are a large number of places but I'm quite partial to Element Games though The Wamp Store are also starting to stock Knight Models.

Starting with Marvel, Knight bring the trickster god Loki into play.




I like the look of him but I'm not entirely sure on the NMM on the shoulder pads.

First up from DC is Swamp Thing. I wasn't sure what scale he would be but from the price he looks to be average height.



After the release of the limited edition Red Hood Joker with the Joker version of the upcoming rulebook, a standard Red Hood joins Swamp Thing.



I really like him, he reminds me a lot of the Death Cult Assassins which are some of my favourite GW minis.

Finally, the miniature I have been wishing for since I saw the Knight Models range for the first time - an Arrow.

Yes, of course there is a Green Arrow miniature (which I already have) but Arrow is probably one of my favourite TV shows at the moment and Stephen Amell (who plays Oliver Queen and the Arrow for those that didn't know) is probably one of the nicest Actors I know of, doing a lot of charity work and interacting with fans constantly. 

But that's enough of my man crush, here is the Arrow. He comes with both hooded head and unhooded head - the hood comes with a mask, but the unhooded version does not, meaning that you would have to recreate the green oil paint effect used until Barry Allen creates the mask for Oliver midway through Season 2 (I swear the fanboy in me will stop now).



The paint job is slightly too bright for my liking, but that doesn't stop me liking the miniature. It could be slightly more dynamic but there is enough difference between Arrow and the Green Arrow to not prevent you having both in your collection.

There are also some Penguin markers and some warning signs, but I'm only really interested in the minis :)

Post a Comment