Blending Pratice Pt 3


As I was painting the Chaos Warriors which, if you missed it can be found here. I was very pleased with some of the blending that happened to the cloak now I would love to say that it happened on purpose, but the truth was it was a very happy not sure how that happened moment.

So I thought I would try to replicate the same again by replicating the cloak on the box I have been using. 

To show you all what I am talking about here is the cloak



Now what I did for this was not the classic that I have been trying which was the three block color I what I done was work with a base of the highlight and shadow and then applied the "base" or mid tone to the two which brought it all back together I feel.

Now again with this I have been using the good old little box


As I was only doing a base of the Shadow and Hightlight I added some marks to where I hope the mid tones would end up.


Now that I had the base I began a world of glazes for making the glaze I have been using 1:2:4 that is one part paint to two part thinning medium and four parts water and this has done well for me.

And after I was "done" I say done like that because there is always something you could do and then you maybe do to much and have to restart but I am rambling after I finished this was the result


I am pleased with it overall more so than the last attempt and to show a comparison here is all the attempts as well my bottle of thinner to give an idea of scale.


Again, all comments are welcome good and bad because without them how are we all to learn.









  

2 comments:

  1. Very nice blending. That is something I haven't really figured out how to do yet, and I believe most of it is just a measure of practice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, something seemed to click and I think your right practice untill things click or you just seem to get there by mistake I think this one work because of the fact I blended the mind tone into the base of the high and low might be something for people having difficulty trying. because thats what we are all here to do become better.

    ReplyDelete