Dark Elf Warriors Pt 1



Thought I would change things up from Chaos well, sort of a change seeing as Dark Elfs are similar in some ways to Chaos but anyway here goes.

These are the Dark elves I was able to get at car boot and work has been going well on them even if I took a few days off for Eurovision!!

Assembly


 A good old White primer


Then after reading or watching something, can't remember, but it said you should not paint silver over white it works better with a gray or black undercoat so I painted it gray   



Then the start of metal/silver



Now the base coats are done, it's time to take more time working on making it all look good as well not sure if I should go with the traditional purple or maybe change things up or stick with what I know.


  

3 comments:

  1. Nice start. Same color tips for gold. If you want a richer gold paint it over a deep brown for a deeper gold paint it over dark green or purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Zab says, brown is a good base for gold though if I want it a little brighter to start off with doing as you did with the silver, and then painting gold over the silver.

    One note though - on your next batch you might want to give the parts a quick once over for mold lines and give them a quick file/shave with a knife. Some of the lines on the elves look a little prominent at the moment but should hopefully fade away once you get some more layers on them.

    Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tip on Gold always welcome

    as for the mold lines I did as much as I could before I was effecting to much the over all look of the model as well as not being in my office at the time the light is poor so missed the odd bit but I will do my best to fix it on my next go.

    ReplyDelete