Guild Ball - One down, many to go

It's taken a while, but I finally have the first item from my Guild Ball Kickstarter box finished - a ball!


Sure it's just a ball, but everything has to start somewhere, right? I hit a major mojo snag after starting my Masons so after starting and stopping a few other projects, I kept returning to do bits on the ball.



The basing is a bit uneven, which is intentional. There are a couple of layers of different sand on there and the ball itself is sat on a greenstuff "tee" to raise it up a little. The reason behind the colouring of it is that I plan to do a ball for each of my 6 teams, though since I only have 5 balls thanks to the Union not coming with one, the Masons and the Fishermen are sharing this blue one.

I also used to have a football this shade myself, so it's quite nice to wind the years back to it :)

As for the other Guild Ball stuff, here's where I'm at:

Masons - Team built and primed, then basecoating has commenced. I also picked up Tower a few days back so he'll join the party at some point. Apologies for the slightly blurry photo.


Alchemists - Once I realised my mojo wasn't going to let me carry on with the Masons, I decided to get another team built and settled on the Alchemists. The big guy still needs his canisters adding to his back, but that will happen post paint.


As I'm not creative enough to come up with my own goals (or haven't had time to think up a cool idea for each yet), I'm painting up the medallions, each should match the ball for that team. Again, Masons and Fishermen will be sharing. These are seriously WIP, but it gives you an idea of what's going on.


I'm hoping that now I have a ball finished that I can get the mojo flowing again and get some paint on the Masons again.

The ball also represents the 10th model I have painted this year, meaning I am 20% towards my target of 50 models this year. Given that we are now in June I'm a little behind, but most of my models last year were painted in the second half of the year as well :)


Post a Comment