One issue to many

Image result for the straw that broke the camel's back
This is a sad point of my Dark Elf Wip because I have come to the point where I need to turn back and start again.

This project has been nothing but problem after problem from the start and since the primer cracking everything has seemed to be going wrong and I see nothing else than to strip it all and start over you have to know when to jump Ship or end up like this guy

Image result for sinking ship 

What made me come to this decision is three things 

1. Cracked Primmer
2. Decided to change the color of the leather
3. Epic Fail on the chain mail.

The main reasons for the restart is one and three and I'll explain number Three 

Epic Fail On Chain Mail.

Also, it needs to be pointed out now that this fail was not only on one that most people would do, but I did it to them all as I was painting them all in a conveyor belt fashion and that alone has only added to the annoyance of this.

When I started out on this I thought I would try and do something that is not really said as something to do. And that was to try and incorporate some of the color that would be under the chain mail into it because if anyone was wearing it and had say White on under it then you would not only see black you would see white as well.

So I thought that instead of using Black to shadow I would use a blackish purple and I used Reaper MSP nightshade purple and I thought it was all going ok but it seemed to dry very dusty looking and also the dry brushing over the top seem to add to this so in the end it all ended up dull dry and dusty looking and something that I would not be even tempted to try and talk my way out 

Here are some pics of what I am talking about I am not sure if you can see it but its there.





Also on a Plus side wile writing this I was able to sort out my pics so from now on more close ups!!



Also, as I am waiting to sort out the stuff I need to do it properly, the Dark Elf project has come to a complete stop as of yesterday but luckily as like most of miniature painters out there I am not short of something that I am able to paint.

My draw of Minis.


So I will be starting something new until I am able to restart the Dark elfs, but won't be anything big because as soon as I am able to I will be getting right back on to them and not fall back into the habbit of starting and not finishing.

So there will be a short short new W.i.p, starting next week. 


3 comments:

  1. Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is know which ones to keep. It happens to everyone. You'll nail them on round 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicely said Zab. I think all of us tend to sometimes forget we are all constantly making mistakes and errors, and just not being 100% public about them. James Wappels entire technique is based on happy mistakes he made. Never give up, and just roll with the punches. Sometimes you learn something new!

      Delete
  2. I did learn something from this "mistake" and that will be used more as time goes on tonight I started something that I will talk about soon that will be a big part of what I am doing. Due to my lack of time to paint I have to put it all in to this new venture but I will talk about that more soon.

    ReplyDelete