Steampunk Cowgirl and Nemesis - Double Ax Faction Unboxing

Today for you we have an unboxing of two of Ax Faction's newest releases - Nemesis and The Steampunk Cowgirl. Both are 32mm scale and made from resin.


The first difference between the two is easy to spot. Previously, all Ax Faction miniatures arrived in lovely little card boxes with Ax Faction stamped on them, as with Nemesis here. However, The Steampunk Cowgirl is the first of the new Generation of kits that will be shipped in larger plastic packaging, filled with dense foam and the artwork included in the box rather than being an additional item.



I'm a little undecided on it really. I like the old style packaging but it's quite small so they have a habit of wandering off into places they shouldn't. That said, the new one is about four times the size so is easier to find, but had mostly cut through the jiffy bag it was posted in thanks to the clean edges on the plastic pressed against the bag.

On to the models themselves. Firstly - Nemesis.

Nemesis is a bad guy, and he can be found standing on a large severed hand which has some crazy detail on it. The hand itself overhangs the 30mm base it is supplied with quite a lot, so it might be worth putting on a plinth instead.





Nemesis is mostly intact, with all but his incense burner and staff in one piece. There is some rather nice detail through the piece, but the burner looks a pain - three incredibly fiddly looking strands of resin to attach the burner to his hand. 



The Steampunk Cowgirl has a similar number of pieces, and most are less fiddly than Nemesis' Burner.


Inside the box are two pieces of foam. One is a solid piece of foam, while the second has an indented area that the mini lives in.




The Cowgirl comes with a base topper, along with hat, feather for hat, two guns and a bullet flying out of a gun.









I like the model, but the bit that makes it is the bullet in flight. It's a little wonky, but given that it's only a couple of mm think, I'll let it off.

After working on Steampunk Boudi at the Wamp Workshop, the Cowgirl has a similar vibe to her so I fancy working on her once I've got my current list of stuff out of the way.

There are one or two tiny bubbles across both pieces but on the whole the quality is is as high as I've come to expect from Ax Faction.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for these unboxing photos. I don't know a lot about these other products, so its great to see all the lovely options available to us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Greg. One of my favourite things about the miniature market at the moment is that there are so many independent businesses around making models, which pretty much guarantees that there is something for everyone if they look in the right places.

      I just to just pick up any miniature that I liked the look of (and still do) but now I also follow companies whose style I like so I can keep on top of recent releases. If I like it, I'll buy it. If I buy it, there's a good chance I'll unbox it and take pictures for you, so you can see how cool they are too :)

      Delete