More work with painting Black.

Image result for painting black
This has been something that has been a lot of fun and now I know what to do easy as pie if you missed my first part on painting black you can see it here. So I spent the week working more on black and also thought I would share with you all my palette as well, something I have started to do for easy glaze's.

But first here is two more that I done.  



So to start off with I was not too happy with these two attempts because I feel that the black was not desaturated enough.

Here is what my palette looked like for the green cape the black is very well black.


So I went back to them again and tried to make the black more desaturated


To a keen eye you will notice this is not green and blue. it's at this point when I will make my glaces to help with blending to do this I take my number 1 and load it with paint from the middle and either and end and then wash the paint into 2 drops of water in a palette.


Doing this makes a great and simple glaze and no need to waste a lot of paint.


Here are my more desaturated black capes. 





Not sure which look better so ill leave that for you all to decide.




3 comments:

  1. The blue, if you faded it to desaturated at the bottom would be really nice. I like hte green best because of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the first greenish one. It has a very tinted fantasy vibe I have seen Jarhead use before. Don't forget to step back and view it overall. Sometimes that little bump in saturation is what will catch people and pull them in from 3 feet to three inches ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is something i was thinking Greg as well. and thank you Zab for comapareing it to something jarhead has done before very kind and also that is something I need to do more its hard to forget to turn off the light and see what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete