On The Desk - The Nurse Part 5




Just a short one this week, life has got in the way of painting (also I may have lost focus and started on a base, cough)

This is usually the part of painting where I start to lose my mojo, when the model is about 80-90% complete and finishing touches need to be done. I must see it through!

First up the mask. I've left this for so long because I couldn't really decide what I wanted to do with it. The box art has a black, glossy mask but I think I want mine lighter to help draw attention to the face. I actually quite like the look that I've got with the zenithal prime so I'm going to keep it pretty similar to that. I used some Druchii Violet in the shadows to add some depth, then I've used various off white tones working upwards towards the light areas.


Time for the weapon/scythe thing! I started off painting the shaft with a mix of VMA Armour Brown and black, a very dark mix. I added some highlight lines using...well I'm not entirely sure, I actually just grabbed some colours off my wet palette a beige/brown colour. I used a little watered down Vallejo Smoke to tie this in.


For the scythe head, I started with a base of Scale 75 Heavy Metal. I usually start with darker and work lighter but I decided to work the other way round this time.


I added some colour variation using the Smoke mix I used on the shaft as well as some Dark Sea Blue I had on the palette.


I worked more on the contrast using both S75 Black metal and Speed metal for the shadows and highlights respectively.


At this point I'm going to leave the model for a bit and work on the base. Although the model does come with a resin base (pictures of which can be seen in my unboxing post here) I decided to make a display base for it. 

1 comment: