Project Generation System - Project 1

At the start of the year, I laid out plans on a new project generation system that would come into use for me when I had finished my current projects. Well, with St Peter and The Artist done, it's time to get started.

I started off with the last piece I painted - The Artist - which is in Wamp and Other.



With 14 lines available, I generated an 8, which is straight into 40k, already something completely different to anything I've finished recently.



In 40K there are three lines (as I don't have my Soul Drinkers or Tau in there), and a 3 was generated to give me the Imperial Guard. 



Next came the actual project decider. Of the 19 lines, the first one was chosen, giving me the chance to play with a piece from one of my recently acquired Get Started! Boxes - a Lord Commissar.





I started the build and realised that there was a scenic basing piece that was part of the model, a lot of the newer GW plastic characters have.



To keep him different from the rest of the grunts, which will continue to get sand bases as I have done previously, I used my Imperial Basius pad to create a textured layer, then pushed the scenic piece into the top of it. At this point, I also pressed the Commissar's foot into the greenstuff/Milliput mix to keep a consistency with the footing, as seen above.


I then continued on with the build, but left his sword arm separate. I don't usually go for part assembly, but on the dry fit the join was really good with minimal gap between coat and shoulder and the arm itself hides a few details on the back, so off it stayed.


And on his base - thankfully I didn't mess up too badly when choosing where to pin the foot as it wasn't quite a 100% fit against the impression I had made to allow it to sit smoothly against the rock.

Lesson learnt - if pinning into a specific place into greenstuff, place the pin while the greenstuff isn't cured so you can get the position you want, rather than guessing later.


Now he just needs some primer and some paint!

Post a Comment