Hero Of the Month pt 2

Image result for Superman

This week has moved slowly With progress, but that is the price to pay for what I decided to do.


I have continued on with the Crystals that I was playing with if you missed it you can find it here.The reason I said at the start of this the progress moved Slowly is because I decided to airbrush the crystal in its self as in the painting it did not take to much time but the masking of it all took longer then I would of liked.

So as you can see from my playing I had the idea of what I would like to do but without that magic thing contrast. 


So now because I decided I wanted to use my Airbrush I needed to mask off Each of the Sides of the crystals and as you can see there is a lot of Sides and as I would be doing each one separately It took me a long Time.

About the masking I decided to use two things at the time the main one was a cheap roll of making tape that I stuck to my cutting mat and cut it to the size I needed. 


The second thing I used was Blue Tac with this I did have a issue because the model is metal the blue take when pushed on to hard when taken off took off the paint with it. To fix this I came up with the idea thanks to my wife and daughter.


Thanks to a cooking set my wife got for our daughter, I get my hands on a small rolling pin and with a bit of water on the top and under the blue Tac you are able to roll it in to a very thing sheet that you are able to cut and place were you need it and because its thin less chance of pulling the paint off.


A Pic of the masking in use.


And Finaly the Stage It is as of today.





I decided to keep the purple and not go with Blue to try and add some more color to the model I also plan to edge highlight with a white, purple and do a Purple and Blue Ink "wash" to soften.

Have to say I think that even though it has taken longer than I would liked I think it is worth it.

What do you all think?





1 comment:

  1. Nice work on the crystals, though I'd be tempted to push the contrasts a little further, possibly just on the dark sections that are at the bottom of the panels. Purple is good, as it should tie the red and blue of Kal's suit together.

    ReplyDelete