Salute Part 2! Unboxings for Black Sailors, Studio Mcvey The Others, Freebooter's Fate and more


As promised here is the second part of my Salute writeup (or fallout) This one a little unboxing of my purchases and the freebie salute model! As usual I'll include pictures of the parts, assembled with blu tack and then an unpainted or painted version of the miniature from the manufacturer for comparison.  
First up let's have a look at the Salute 16 model. With the theme being Steampunk it's naturally a steampunk model. Mam'selle is a metal two piece miniature, a lady with a rifle. It's a nice little sculpt and free miniatures are always good!


Also in the goodie bag was a dice and a couple of plastic soldiers from the Maelstrom's Edge game.


Up next I bought Jason from the Odyssey range by JoeK Minis. Brambleten has already done an unboxing of this one here so just a few photos. I like how he sells the minis in business card boxes, it's a nice size and sturdy.


As I mentioned in my photos article yesterday I picked up a few of the Freebooter's Fate sculpts.

First is the event only model Capt'n Ragg, a cheeky little goblin full of attitude. The best kind of goblins :D

Next is an assassin Miedo a Morir, a multi part model. This one stood out in the cabinet with his dynamic pose and bird mask.

I also picked up a blister of rats, different sculpts and I have a future use in plan for them...


Next up are the 4 horsemen by Studio Mcvey from the CMON game The Others. I was excited to here that resin versions of these incredible sculpts were going to be available and picked them all up! Lets take a look at them one by one

First up War, an imposing figure with a huge sword , lots of scars and teeth on his body.



Next Death, a classic figure and this one comes with the standard black cowled grinning skull, wings and scythe. Less standard are the interesting claw like feet and the fact the scythe seems to have merged with his body. As an aside these pieces fit together with no blu tack!




Famine, this sculpt screams Kingdom Death at me, I love the torso made up of grasping skeletal hands.



Finally Pestilence, less parts than the others but no less detailed. He gives me a very Dread Doctors feel (if anyone watched Teen Wolf) and I love all the mechanical parts on his back.





I say finally but there is one last one, Apocalypse. The big boy. I started trying to put this together with blu tack and gave up. There is lots of parts and he is a huge mini!




My last pick up (and partially because Jeremie from Figone gave me a tempting offer!) is one of the Black Sailors miniatures from Big Child Creatives. I really regretted not picking these up at kickstarter so I'm glad to finally get one. May I present Kpt Albrork the Four Times Damned!


The 'mini' comes in quite a few parts, casting quality and general fit is superb.

Here is the mostly assembled mini (I left off the sword and the creature coming out of his gun as they weren't too easy to blu tack.





A good haul I think! Now, who thinks I can paint them all by next Salute? How about one of them? :P Next week we'll be back to one of my two current projects.

Anyone else go to Salute? pick up anything special?
 











2 comments:

  1. Wow! These are awesome mini's!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some really nice minis, though you should really get some Argonauts to go with Jason before Joe's Kickstarter finishes this evening ;)

    My purchases should start rolling in from tomorrow onwards and they are plentiful :)

    ReplyDelete