Q and A With Dmitry Fesechko.

 

We are very happy to bring you a Q and A with Dmitry Fesechko.


About yourself
My name is Dmitry Fesechko, 27 years old. I live in Moscow. Now I am freelance artist.
How long have you been painting and what made you get into the hobby?

I have been painting since 2007. I started to paint on canvases that year and one of my friends gave me some Warhammer models as a gift to try to paint them. And I very liked it.

Have you ever won any comps? 

This year I have been to Monte San Savino Show and I took two silver medals. I also won some local competitions, but it is very hard for me to find the time to visit such events as I am usually busy with some exhibitions and work.

What brushes do you use?
For acrylics I use kolinsky brushes and for oils I prefer synthetic brushes with short tip. All of them by Russian manufacturers and with the cost of about 1eur for each. I change oil brushes every 3-5 days. Those that I use for acrylics usually serve me for 1-2 months each.

What are the three things at your workstation, you could not live without?

A cup of tea, a cup of coffee and sometimes silence.

Is there anything you know now that you wish someone told you at the start?

Maybe a little bit funny thing. Removing oil paints with finger. If you work with oils – try it. It is not only about correcting the mistakes.

What is the last Model you finished painting for your own collection?

I have made two models on which I tried the metal gilding technique this year. One of them is in my collection.




Would you choose True Metallics or NMM?

Depending on the scale. For the models of 28-32mm scale I definitely prefer NMM, for 54mm depending on model. For larger scales I prefer True metal. As I said before I think I found very interesting True metal method – to make it with gilding leaf. But it needs improvement and some more experiments.

What is your favorite scale to paint in?

Preferences are changing. For now I prefer scales of 54-75mm and busts.

Do you use an airbrush and if so, what for?

I use it. But only for the first sketch layer and for varnishing. My opinion is that if you use airbrush a lot you are loosing your own “signature”.

Do you suffer paintbrush envy meaning is their a painter out there who you wish you could paint as well as?

There are a lot of great artists that I really appreciate. Do I suffer paintbrush envy meaning? I’d say that I usually do. First of all about scenery making and sculpting. What about painting – I think that artist should not make idols and should try to find some unique style.

What do you feel you need to improve and why?

Basement building and sculpting for that purposes. Because sometimes I really have not enough skills to bring all of my ideas to life.

Do you or have you ever felt like a Noob with Just his paint brush?

Pretty often. When trying something new. For the last time when I was experimenting with metal gilding and making hair beards on the busts.

What three things would you have stranded on an Island?

A large piece of fabrics, a basket and a gas-burner. I think this would be enough to make a balloon and keep on travelling. If this is a cheat then I’d choose some oil paints (I think I can paint with fingers on the rocks), a musical instrument (a guitar or a sitar maybe) and something like knife that will help me to survive J

Work By Dmitry.

Righteous and Harmonious Fist

Gang band

De profundis clamavi

Soum

Enchantress

Post a Comment