WIP Warrior Priest: Part 1

 

I've started a new project, on an old warrior priest model, but i'm not to sure about it, let's take a look..


I've had this old Forgeworld model kicking around for a fair while, but haven't done too much with it, finally I got started, with the aim to try out true metallics for a change, but using some of the things I do on NMM..


Click on the photos for larger versions, I'm fairly pleased with some of the metallics, but overall i'm not feeling it. 

Can any of you guys spot anything that's super wrong? Is it just the standard mid-project blues, do you feel the same before anything's finished?


3 comments:

  1. The offputting thing for me is that his flesh appears to have the same shading as the red fabric. That and his lack of pupils.

    Technically he looks great so far, but he also has a very dark tone about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree that the face is currently not looking quite right. Try and find some good reference photos of the kind of face you want to achieve, at the moment I'd say the shadows are far too strong in colour

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, I'll look into it.

    ReplyDelete