Midland Model Expo.

Midland Expo

Sunday just gone I was at the Midland Model Expo with my dad, which is Birmingham IPMS's show and here is some of the models on display which I would like to share with you all.
 
The first picture is from the Bolton Ipms from their display What if? Which is a smaller version of the larger plan on top.


A picture of one of the tables I am not sure what club it was.


The next picture is of a flat of Two soldiers from the Napoleonic war I have always wanted to have ago at a flat but never really been able to find any. This was on the table that I think is part of the British Flat Society. 


These I found to be very interesting again, they are all flats, but set up to make a 3d scene or something that some I know I did in school make with card very fun, unfortunately they are in Photo frame boxes to see them in the person they are great but they have glass which can be seen in the pictures.    



Next we have two American soldiers, one talking on a radio the other walking towards the bike all based in a photo frame which I have been seeing a lot more these past few months and seems to be something I have to remember.


Next we have a great table dedicated to star trek something I loved as a Kid and still like it now as well also the guys as you can see to the side of a picture dressed as star trek people as well.



Who does not like Tribbles!!


Next we have a grate small scene with five soldiers and a tank, really like the added leaves to the base.


When a robot comes to mind a robot crab does not, but who can not love it when you see this!  


Of course, what would a model show be without a table of plans. 


Hidden at the back of a table a very good 72 scale world war one British tank and three soldier's shame about the angle and also the plane tale in the shot but as I said it was hidden at the back.   


Here we have a world war one german biplane a very fun model maybe not in keeping with how it should look, but the person did have a good time with airbrush and stencil. 


At the Show there was a lot of diorama models and here is a very nice one I like the way the soldiers are interacting with the donkey its little touches like this that make a model and tell a story.


 A German tank with snow plow heading through a snowy street.   


A paper model of an At-At star wars for the win am I right!


Just like the table of plans a model show would not be a model show without a tank table. 


A tank assault in the African campaign. 


German tank intrenched for a surprise attack. 


This next one is a very good model which I have to say the pictures does not do it justice, but hopefully you are able to see it.




I have more pictures which I took of the show, but I think these give a great general feel of the show, but if people would like to see the rest them, please comment below and maybe I can do an extra post with the other pictures I took. 

I hope you all enjoyed seeing what was to offer at the Midland Model Expo if you live close to Birmingham why not pop by next year their site is 

http://midlandexpo.blogspot.co.uk
















Post a Comment