On The Desk - Launcelot Part 2 - Trousers and Metallics


 Welcome to part 2 of my Launcelot project. We're going to start off with the trousers, they're really nicely sculpted as with the rest of the model. I particularly love the way they gather around the boots. I used the beige tone I picked out on my prep scheme, thin layers to ensure I kept the shading I had from the zenithal prime.

I used glazes of a darker tone (adding brown) to help emphasise the folds as well as the recesses of the trousers. Then the reverse, adding some Ivory to hit the highlights. As with the shirt I'll probably go back and increase the contrast later but it's enough for now to get me started.


I blocked in some black (actually a very dark blue colour, I used Vallejo Field Blue mixed with black) on the leather glove, boots, hat and the trim of the coat. I didn't really highlight these areas, sometimes I just like to block in an area so I don't have to look at the primer!

Metallics. Ignoring the gun for the moment (and the visor because I hadn't decided what I wanted to do with it) I used Vallejo Armour brown mixed with a little S75 Dwarven Gold which gave a nice rusty red/brown metallic to use on the head (what little of it you can see behind the mask) I also used it on the joint on his metallic arm. For the rest of the metallics (armour, trim on coat, plates on boots) I used the S75 steel set interspersed with some armour plates picked out in the Dwarven Gold.




Short and sweet this week, must take more photos as I'm working and not get carried away!

Post a Comment