On The Desk - Launcelot Part 3 - Gun and Woodwork



Straight back into it with Part 3 of Launcelot from Twisted. More work on the metallics, some gold shirt buttons ups the bling factor and Speed Metal from S75 was used to add the highlights on the coat trim, arm and shoes.



Next up I started working on the wood. I decided to paint both the gun stock and the weird machine he has on his waist as wood. I did a little bit of research of different types of wood (fascinating, I know) before settling on a redwood. I used my reference pictures and very carefully worked a wood grain used a good tip and some patience.


The rest of the gun I wanted to be a really dark reddish metal to fit with the stock. I achieved this by starting with a standard silver colour then glazing over it with Vallejo Tank Brown (and Tank brown with some black in the shadows) until only a little of the metallic shine is visible in the highlights. The trim was then painted in S75 Thrash Metal.


Good progress, only a few bits of primed model still visible, then need to start thinking about a base!









Post a Comment