Safely transporting Miniatures.

Image result for destroyed model

This is the last thing we want to happen to any of our miniatures that we have spent hours on and then decided to take the plunge and take them to a competition. So what can we do there are always the cases out there to By like the Games-Workshop carry case or the ones like I have from Hobby Zone. These both have their good and bad points, but also they are not again when transporting larger models or dioramas so I have had to work out and sort a fix for this.




My old way of transporting models was with just blue tac and it work very well for a long time until I painted and plinthed Superman now this was a major issue because it is metal and off center and while transporting it my case fell over and super went flying round the box and as it is metal chipped to hell.

So I decided that for the sake of the models I needed to make sure they were safe and sound and magnets were the answer!


Ok, so magnets can't stick to the wood as much as I tried so I also get some magnetic galvanised steel.


With the magnets and sheets sorted I needed to get online and try and find a pin vice that could take a 4mm drill bit and oddly it was rather hard to find something, but after a while was able to sort out the vice and drill bit


(The larger one)


So now that I had it all was time to put it all into action the sheets I glued to my box with Zap glue and and drilled holes and magnets in each model depending on size and need some had more than others.



Now I had to be a brave person and test this to its fullest and here is the final results and the test



Hope this has been able to help others this has helped me a lot.



2 comments:

  1. I've just done similar, fitting all of my bases with 3mm magnets and sticking them to baking sheets for transport. Works really well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does they do slid a little but with a small amount of tac they are safe as houses well safer

      Delete