Orruk Colour Test



A quick colour test this week, let's take a look!


This guy is not finished just yet, but let's see how we got here, first the base, I wanted it to be simple enough to make quickly but still interesting..

I built it up in layers using Vallejo modelling paste and sands, the plastic part is a chopped up part of the arcane runes set.

And grass added:

Now the Orruk:
Basecoats were done rapidly over a white undercoat..
 
Before highlighting the skin particularly here and then the armour, using a pseudo drybrushing technique:



 So that's where we're at, nearly done except the metals. Seems like it's lacking in contrast to me, anyone got any ideas for how to quickly get some more into it?

Happy Painting!

2 comments:

  1. I think you're on the money about the contrast, but I can't really think of what to sugges for the armour.

    What I would say is that the skin tone is possibly lacking a a variety in colour. It's a nice transition from dark green/black to white, but I think you might be able to whip up a bit more contrast in the shadows by glazing in some purple or dark red

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe pick out the rivets on the armour in a different colour, perhaps rusted metal, or the blue on the yellow and vice versa?

    ReplyDelete