Wyrd Malifax Rafkin - A work in progress



Some of you may have seen my post on the facebook page earlier this week, of the contents of this month's Model Box Subscription. The theme for this month is 'Horrifying.' One of the models I received was the Rafkin model from Malifaux. This is also my first ever Malifaux model, so I was keen to write a little review of the model, and show you how I prepared the piece.



Work in Progress - The project pieces.



The packaging for this model is wonderful. The image on the cover goes some way to represent the finished model, and the images on the back show the front and rear of the model once built.



Once you open the box you find the plastic sprue, round base and character card. There is an additional card with links to Wyrd Games support section.



This is a close-up of the sprue. For such a small model, the detail is amazing. It's also worth pointing out there is very little flash on this model.



In addition to the model, I am also going to be using the plinth by Dark Messiah Bases. This has served its purpose well, and has enabled me to elevate the model in my photo booth.



Lastly, I added green stuff to the base, and used my Celtic textured roller from Green Stuff World. I didn't put much pressure on the base when I started the rolling process, but this doesn't matter as I used the smoother area to glue the model to the base. Plus it gives a weathered look to the model.

Painting the model.
Next week I will set myself another 5 Hour Painting Challenge on this model. Model Box run a painting competition at the end of each month, with the contents of the box being the piece you have to paint. I don't think the Horrifying model is due for another month, but I wanted to have the piece ready well in advance.

Post a Comment